Dear friends and neighbors,
Our Hoboken is a small town with the challenges of a big city and we need leadership who always supports what is best for Hoboken. Our mayor and City Council have gotten so much done together and both have entrusted me with leading many of the complex issues our city faces like negotiating better financial terms for our new Suez contract, strategizing about Union Dry Dock, and leading the effort with our local businesses to establish a Special Improvement District for Hoboken. Although the City Council has voted in support of the administration's agenda almost 90% of the time, and unanimously 83%, we don't agree 100% of the time. But you can count on me to always vote for and question what is best for Hoboken.
Four years ago, when I ran for election to be the 2nd Ward Representative on the City Council for the first time it was because I knew I could contribute more to our community. As a professional with a 20+ year career in finance and commercial real estate, I felt I could make a difference and help address some of the biggest challenges facing Hoboken, including the effects of our aging infrastructure, our significant population growth, and the rapid pace of development in our neighborhoods. Since elected, we’ve worked together to tackle many of these issues including two of the biggest our city faced: completing the long anticipated Washington Street Redesign and successfully putting us on a path to repair our aging water system. We have a track record of success we can all be proud of:
- Defending our waterfront from private and commercial development. This is a cause I have fought since 2011, when I led the public opposition to Monarch, and continues to this day with the addition of the former Union Dry Dock.
- Saving taxpayers more than $40 million by negotiating better terms with SUEZ water, cutting wasteful spending out of our municipal budget, and maximizing community benefits from large scale redevelopments.
- Making critical investments in Hoboken’s infrastructure to make our city more resilient against the devastating effects of hurricanes and flooding from severe rain events.
- Executing a pedestrian safety plan for the 2nd Ward that brings new traffic calming initiatives to a dozen intersections.
- Passing historic legislation to address displacement and affordability in Hoboken that will help build more affordable units and protect tenants from predatory landlords.
- Supporting our local businesses and turning the tide on empty storefronts, by establishing a Special Improvement District modeled after those established in other successful commercial areas like in Jersey City.
With all of these accomplishments, we still have so much to do, like confronting the overcrowding issues in our public schools, doing more to expand transportation alternatives and ensuring that all future development works for Hoboken.
As your neighbor, I believe Hoboken residents and taxpayers deserve a representative who will always be working and advocating for them. Who listens and engages. Who will be transparent and informative on all issues. Who has the interest, commitment and experience to tackle the big and the small issues Hoboken residents are facing today and in the future. Who strives to be a uniting community leader, not a dividing one. Who is not a rubber stamp, but will ask tough questions and always vote Hoboken first. And who believes more voices gives us the best chance for the best outcome. As your council representative today, if you re-elect me, I promise to continue to be that advocate for you.
What inspires me to want to continue on this journey of advocacy is seeing the impact that more voices can make together. Your voices. It is your engagement that motivates me to work with and for you and to continue to be an important source of information for you on all that matters. Four years on, the heart of my platform hasn’t changed:
ENGAGE. INFORM. ADVOCATE.
We have an important election on November 5th and if you vote for me, I promise that I will always vote for you. Thank you for your support!